Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, July 25, 2010

It happened...

Well, we all knew it was going to happen sometime... even though we vow as mothers to never let it happen. I wish it would have been a little later on but oh well, no use crying over spilled milk right? I still feel awful...

So I was at the table playing a board game with Dan and I got Orson to sleep and laid him down on the couch to take a nap. A little while later, the next thing I hear is "bonk"... "whaaa!" Yep. You guessed it. Orson had rolled off the side of the couch and smacked (thankfully) face up on the floor! I knew it would happen sometime in his life that he would fall but I didn't want it to be my fault. the worst part about it was that I had a feeling to put him closer to the back of the couch but I didn't want to wake him up. So I get the worst mom ever award for the year! He's fine, of course, he's my child. But I think it startled him quite a bit. He cried for a bit but after he realized I was cuddling him so much he promptly fell asleep. Man, I feel horrible.

2 comments:

  1. Oh don't feel bad! I've done the same thing. And it's inevitable that they'll roll. Here's a bad mother award moment for ya. Went to Ross Dress For Less. My sister and I went into the big dressing room to try on clothes together. I put Sofie on the bench in the dressing room and turned around to help Bri figure out how to lock the door. And SMACK. Sofie rolled off the bench and onto the tile floor. Her little head landed right on the edge of my foot thankfully. But you know she still screamed about it. I felt totally horrible. I should have known better than to set her there and then turn my back on her. So don't feel too bad :) You're still a great mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! This happened to Z on Monday off of the bathroom counter...straight on to tile! It was HORRIFYING! It's a good thing these little babies are so tough!

    ReplyDelete