Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, July 19, 2010

Renaissance Festival

Dan was really lucky and had Friday and Saturday off this weekend and so we spent it with my family. Friday we had a Murder Mystery dinner which I'll post pictures later when I get them :) Saturday we went to the Renaissance Festival. This is one of my favorite places. There are tons of merchant booths, good food and shows that you can watch. Our group was split up a lot but it was nice to have a day to spend with Dan and Orson doing something fun. This is also the first year I didn't dress up... I thought it would have been too hard to nurse.

One of the shows you can watch is the "Washing Wenches." They are hilarious! This is a picture of my brother Jeran with them after their show.


It was also SUPER hot that day and Orson was so tired after a long hot day but couldn't stay asleep long because he would be jostled too much when we put him in his stoller and there were too many things going on. This is a picture of one of his short naps when we sat down to eat. (They have a place called the Mad Hatter and that's where I got my hat... cute huh?)


Elephant walking down the middle of the lane. You never realize how big they are until you're standing right next to one.

You can ride elephants at the festival. Dan took a video of this elephant splashing itself with water because it got a little hot. And yes... the riders got wet as well.


The last time Dan and I went to the renaissance festival when we were engaged.


And our happy family two years later...

2 comments:

  1. thats so great that you got to go to the festival!! i know thats a tradition you have. wish we could be there. does the festival go through august?? love the pictures! dan looks buff. you look very chic in your hat. and just when i thought orson couldn't get any cuter...! he's so beautiful emberdee. good job makin a baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was 106 degrees in Grand Junction on Saturday, so I wondered how HOT it was at the RF. It looks like you survived without a sunburn or heat stroke though thanks to the shade provided by your very large hat! Truly - it's cute! :) Love Ya!
    Denein

    ReplyDelete