Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, February 11, 2013

Year in Review: Part 5 - Orson Turns 2

Orson found a new love for Angry Birds this year. He loves to play it and he loves everything that has to do with Angry Birds. Here is the cake I made him for his turning 2 birthday.
He loved his cake and I made it for only him to eat... But...
...it turns out that he only eats the licorice...
... and the frosting...
... he didn't even want the cake. :(
Because Dan was at COTA (Correctional Officer Training Academy) on Orson's birthday, we decided to spend the weekend in Tucson and do something fun for Orson's birthday weekend. Hethe, Orson and I left in the late morning to get to our hotel and relax. But when we got to the hotel, I had a really bad feeling about staying there. I tried to brush it off and we checked into our room. The place was dirty (needed to be vaccuumed, and Orson was finding all sorts of things in the couch) and there was a gap under the door that any creature could have crawled through. Needless to say, I kind of had a panic attack and called D'Laina to see what I should do. I asked Hethe but he said he was a boy and those sorts of things didn't bother him. In the end, I called Dan at COTA while he was in class (which is only supposed to be for emergencies) and I was crying when his sargeant had me explain the situation to talk to Dan. I felt horrible that we had spent the money and then I was getting the feeling not to stay. Dan told me to get out of there and we would figure it out when he got out for the weekend. So Hethe and I packed everything in the car again and waited at Target until it was time to get Dan. It all worked out ok but I was super emotional and we came to find out there were 3 drug busts at that hotel we would have been staying. Scary! One of Orson's presents was a handheld NERF gun. He loved the noise it made!
Super excited for presents!
Checking out his new Woody. Thanks mom for going halfsies with us because this guy was expensive. Orson always wanted to go see it whenever we went to Target though so it was awesome to get it for him.
Because we found out Orson didn't like cake we got him an ice cream cake. It was supposed to be a Toy Story cake but they just put on army men. Orson still plays with them though so that turned out to be a bonus.
Mom don't disturb me while I eat my cake!
Here is our happy little birthday boy!
While we were in Tuscon we took Orson to an arcade (they didn't have many family things to do surprisingly) and because he was too little to go on anything and we could only play the arcade games the guy giving out prizes gave Orson a red Angry Bird for way less tickets than we had because it was his birthday. Outside Cracker Barrel
We also wandered around the mall for a while and Orson was tuckered out and fell asleep in his cart.
We all sat in the food court to rest while Orson slept. Here's Hethe in the food court.
After we wandered around and Orson woke up, we went to dinner at Outback.
It was a really good weekend in Tuscon and we were all sad when Daddy had to go back to COTA on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment